Saturday, July 23, 2011

Texas Pride

I am not a Texan, but I sometimes wish I was.

All the people I know from Texas are so over-the-top proud of their state. I'm not sure that's as true about Oklahomans. I think we love our state and we know we belong to the land and everything, but not many of us hang our STATE flags on our porches like Texans do. They even wear their flag on t-shirts, hang metal stars on the outsides of their homes and break out in lively song about being "Deep in the Heart of Texas."

I just got home from a teacher conference in Grapevine, TX. I stayed at The Gaylord Texan. Unbelievable place.




This was the view from the balcony of my 6th floor room. It's like a CITY, People.

  
There's that star again, at the top of the atrium. Gorgeous!

Being in TX made me really think about this state pride thing. 

I say let's start rallying around our state. When someone asks us where we're from, let's not just say it, let's SAY it, like Texans do. Yell it. Believe in it. Stand behind it. Be proud of it.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave a comment. I read every single one.