Thursday, November 1, 2012

Rest



I guess I never really thought much about sleep because it hasn't been an issue for me.

Now that I've been hurting (especially and sometimes ONLY at night) for nearly 6 weeks and sometimes not sleeping more than 2-3 hours per night, it is definitely an ISSUE.

Because of the pain I lay in bed hours upon hours at night, dreaming of resting. Dreaming of pills that will stop that firey ache in my shoulder and sometimes all the way down my arm. Lately, in addition to the firey feeling, the pain is like a chicken bone is stuck in my throat, except it's in my shoulder. Bet that doesn't make any sense to you, but it does to me.

I used to look in the mirror and immediately my eyes went to my hair. What it was doing that day (because it certainly has a mind of its own).

But first thing this morning, after a night of NOT sleeping, the only thing I noticed in the mirror was the dark circles (DEEP dark circles) under my eyes.

Sleep is important, I've known that. But I've never known it to this extent.

I'm tired. And when a body gets tired it doesn't do what it's supposed to do in about a million ways. My energy level once I get home from school or working at the shop drops to ZERO. ZILCH. NADA. GOOSE EGG. (Sorry, I couldn't stop myself from repeating some cute text from the book Despereaux I recently finished with my third graders.)

Anyway, this has changed my life. And I'm ready for it to change back. Right now.

Tomorrow I'll visit Dr. Cruse's office to hear the words I've been waiting for (MRI results). And the plan to fix it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave a comment. I read every single one.