Saturday, July 7, 2012

Banana Pudding. Never Too Rich.


People in my circle often say certain desserts are "too rich". As in, "Oh my" (pushing 1/2 of their yummy dessert away), "I can't eat all of it. It's just too rich!"

Hmmm. I wonder what's wrong with me?

Truth is, I lick my "too rich" dessert plate clean and secretly would like to have another helping.

Got up this morning and created this masterpiece for a little "Hey, it's Saturday and we're eating banana pudding" treat. Can't wait to lick my plate clean (then walk another lap around the park).


Creamy Banana Pudding
Serves: 12

1 can Eagle Brand
1 1/2 cups cold water
1 small instant vanilla pudding
2 cups whipped cream (I don't measure. Put the whole tub in.)
36 vanilla wafers
3 medium bananas sliced
ReaLemon lemon juice

In large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk and water.  Add pudding mix; beat well.  Chill 5 minutes.  Fold in whipped cream.  Spoon 1 cup banana mixture into 2 1/2 quart glass serving bowl.  Top with one third each of the wafers, bananas and pudding.  Repeat layering twice, ending with pudding.  Chill.  Garnish as desired.  Refrigerate leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave a comment. I read every single one.