Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Word Junkie

I've been a lover of words for a long time. I like signs for all kinds of things. Like the one in my kitchen. I mean, who really needs to be reminded to EAT? Certainly not me.

I have a neat sign upstairs that says LIVE A GOOD LIFE. Not a bad idea. And hopefully I don't need a reminder to do that either.

A favorite quote is posted in the pavilion in the back yard. It's by Ralph Waldo Emmerson. "The ornament of a house is the friends who frequent it."

Words like AUTUMN and WELCOME and HOME are everywhere throughout the house. Recently a friend gave me a sign that says, "Jesus knows me, this I love."

Blocks and scrabble tiles spell out words at my house too. I just can't help myself.

I'm hung up on numbers too.

But this week, it's letters. Words. And today, it's HOPE.


It speaks to me, this four-letter word of HOPE.
It's telling me...
"You can do hard things."
"God is with you through all of it."



And I like the idea of using junky ol' parts and pieces to create such a beautiful message.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave a comment. I read every single one.