Thursday, June 16, 2011

People



When I was young I learned a song about people. It went something like this:

"Up, up with people, ya meet 'em wherever you go...up, up with people, the best kind of folks to know...If more people were FOR people, more people everywhere, There'd be a lot less people to worry about and a lot more people who care."

Once and awhile it becomes painfully clear to me that not all people are FOR me or my success in life.

And the world is full of people who don't want the best for:
a. me or you (their fellow men)
b. the town
c. our school system
d. the country
e. the earth

The list could go on and on, Folks.

This painful realization comes when I least expect it. And it's always a big bummer.

We should all support, encourage, care for the people we meet along life's way. And all of us PEOPLE should work together for the BEST world possible, expecting the extraordinary, making small changes when necessary and big ones when essential.





2 comments:

  1. I love that song. And I love you.

    Thanks for being FOR me. I sure am FOR you.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got that right, Parker. I am for you. And have never doubted you are for me.

    ReplyDelete

Make my day and leave a comment. I read every single one.