Wednesday, February 2, 2011

On Being Hungry

Okay, here's the thing.

When I have a snow day, something comes over me. Something so big I can hardly resist. I think it's just part of who I am and how I grew up and maybe it's the same for you too, but I feel the most gigantic urge to bake. And not just bake...we all know BAKE equals EAT.

I'm thinkin' something ooey and gooey. Chocolate, chewy goodness.



Why don't I crave low calorie food?



Maybe it's Grandmother Romberg's fault...she used to invite us over for fresh fried donuts on snow days. They were so yummy!

And when the boys were little, I made what Jake used to call "black cookies" (no-bake). They were cheap. And made the house smell delicious. (And I undoubtedly ate a bunch of them along with the kids.)

But there are no kids here. And if I fall victim to this desire to bake, I will not have a choice. I will have to eat it. And the diet goes to pot.

  
By the way, those are not my feet. Or my hairy legs.

I made it through the first snow day fine, eating blueberries, cereal, apples, a ground turkey burger, light Progresso soup, some home-grown-by-my-dad brussel sprouts, popcorn. I vacuumed the whole house. I drank 80 ounces of water (this is HUGE for me...learning to drink water). I walked my nearly 2 miles on the treadmill while reading a home decorating magazine. I went up and down the stairs a bunch of times (because upstairs was my haven of choice for movies and a blankie )...and the bathroom is downstairs.

But still. On this second snow day in a row, the desire won't go away. Bake something. Cook something.

Uh-oh. I'm caving. I'm heading to the kitchen.

Be with me, Will Power! Don't leave me now!


2 comments:

  1. That has to be nastiest set of feet I've ever seen. [he shivers]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have used my feet since my toenails were recently done in a pretty hot pink, but I didn't want to share with the world the number on the scale (not just yet). Ha.

    ReplyDelete

Make my day and leave a comment. I read every single one.