Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Estes Park, Colorado

To say I'm fond of Sue Anderson would be a giant understatement. She is a wonderful friend of mine, full of all kinds of virtues like generosity and goodness.


I just returned from a week at her summer cabin in Estes Park.



Sue and Judy Johnson and I worked together at Parkview. Sue taught first grade with me and Judy taught second. We're bosom buddies.


This is Judy. (One. Sweet. Lady.)

So it was just us three this time. Vaughn was invited but wasn't able to work it out this year. 

The Rocky Mountain National Park is just around the corner from Sue's cabin. Shot this photo there.


Usually we see lots of wildlife in the park. But this time we saw quite a bit of action right outside the door of the cabin.


I didn't use a zoom lens. I promise. This photo was taken from the kitchen window.


Then he went to the front of the cabin to munch on berries, but paused to look at me in the bedroom.

A mama mule deer and her two little fawns were spotted on lots of occasions in Sue's neighborhood.


And right outside the front door.



We shopped in Loveland one day and were lucky to see 10 big horn sheep along the highway. All rams.


While together we rearranged a collection of enamelware in the already-darling-kitchen. I loved every minute.



After shopping in Loveland we added this cute napkin to this arrangement. Perfect!


Cute bathroom with old-fashioned claw foot tub.


Colorful, cozy quilts welcome guests. (And believe me, they are USED.) It was 45 one morning while we were there. This room has two twin beds and I call it the whimsical room.

Can you see why I'm crazy about Sue's cabin? Such a homey, relaxing place.

What a week we had, just hanging out together in one of the most beautiful locations on Earth.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave a comment. I read every single one.