Thursday, January 2, 2020

Confession: I Take Photos of my Food a Lot

Vaughn and I have eaten a Keto style diet way of eating for two years tomorrow. We started Jan. 3, 2018, me weighing more than 50 pounds more than now, and he about 30.

Rita was the one with the idea. We are now closer friends than ever, although she lives in Washington these days.

Most of the pictures I take are so Rita will know I found something yummy for her to try. And she does the same. It's very motivating and keeps our meals and treats new.

Here are just some of the foods Vaughn and I made and consumed during the month of December.



Waffles with butter and homemade syrup Vaughn makes.
I request these often.


On New Year's Day, we had collard greens with bacon and onions,
pork tenderloin slices and cranberry sauce made with our sweetener.


We eat pizza made with fathead pizza dough quite regularly. 
The crust is made with mostly mozzarella cheese and cream cheese.


Vaughn and I went to a Brazilian Steakhouse in OKC.
The staff just kept coming with more MEATS to enjoy.
(It was like Heaven for Keto lovers...so many things to say YES to!)



This was from the salad bar at the Brazilian Steakhouse.
I assure you, several full sized pieces of bacon were devoured.


I take my lunch every day to school. Vaughn makes it most days.
(I know, he's amazing.)
And on this particular day, he got some extra points.


We took this tray of cheese and pepperoni to a church breakfast.


On New Year's Eve, we had these little snackies,
plus a pig in a blanket made with a hot link and Fathead pizza dough,
but it wasn't that pretty. Thus, no photo.


Pumpkin bars, that way we didn't miss out on all the pumpkin yumminess at the holidays.


Big Mac Salad is like eating a Big Mac, except no bun.
It's a favorite, and so easy!
We make the Thousand Island dressing homemade
with sugar free ketchup, mustard, pickles and our sweetener.


Creamed eggs: Simmer heavy cream in a small skillet,
then add onions, meat, etc...like an omelet...
then drop one or two eggs in it.
The eggs fry on top. Oh my.


A delicious cheesy soup we had a week or so ago.
Reminds me of Santa Fe soup.


Our Keto way of eating has been a wonderful way for us to get healthy. We feel GREAT!

We basically shop the outside aisles at the grocery store. Produce, meats, cheeses, dairy. Real food. Nothing processed. But as you can see, that doesn't mean we aren't eating really well.




3 comments:

  1. Tracey, the food looks fabulous. I'm glad you shared. You may know that I started Keto way of eating on November 16th. I just was tired of feeling tired all the time. So yes, right before Thanksgiving and Christmas I said, "let's do this". I haven't cheated at all. Right now I'm keeping it really basic but I can't wait to ask lots of questions about some of your meals. They look so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear this, Gail. Good for you, not cheating. It works!

      Delete
  2. I was diagnosed about 5 years ago with HIV and have lived taking ARV and thought of having Herbal medicine to cure this disease completely. I wouldn't be able to bear Vomiting and my tongue would go white because of these diseases called HIV/Aids. I learned to live with it but I have definitely prayed and had hands laid on me, My friends at work knew about my HIV Status so on a faithful day my friend Hannah talk to me about this great man called Dr Itua From west African because my friend Hannah is from West African too she came to acquire degree here in South Carolina, I accepted the challenge and contacted Dr Itua Herbal Center...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com also chats on Whatsapp Number.+2348149277967. Then he delivered his Herbal medicine to me which was labeled as Dr Itua Herbal Medicine Cure For HIV/Aids, I took it as he instructed. After two weeks I went to the test and I was tested Negative. I'm still writing on every blog site related to the following diseases such as HIV/Aids, Herpes Virus, Shingles, Hepatitis B/C, Because he cures this kind of disease.    

    ReplyDelete

Make my day and leave a comment. I read every single one.